Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Kindness Matters

When choosing a name for this blog, it didn't take long to come up with what I wanted: Kindness Matters.  If I had to explain the most important thing about me, it is that kindness matters to me.   With the negativity that has permeated this summer's events, I feel more than ever that I need to be committed to kindness.  It is not that I am so naive about how the world works.  I have lived through some very difficult times myself, which could have made me angry at the world, but those hard times didn't harden me.  In fact, I am more thankful for kindness having been through times of despair.  And I know that being kind feels a lot better than being mean.  My goal in life is to be a positive presence in as many lives as possible.  And that's not as easy as being mean.  It's easy to say exactly what you're thinking.  It's much harder to hold your tongue.  It's easy to put someone down when you're feeling stressed.  It's much harder to empathize and give someone the benefit of the doubt.  It's easy to ignore people in pain.  It's much harder to make their day better.  It's easy to hate.  It's much harder to forgive.  But that is what my life requires --  to be kind and spread positive messages.  Hopefully, that is what this blog will accomplish as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment